Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some of my latest projects

So Jeremy's parents gave us a cupboard that they bought from an auction in Redmond years ago. It was stained with this really ugly orange stain. They painted it black and it looked really cute. Kristina (his sister) moved and didn't have room for it anymore so we got it! I decided to sand it down because the paint had started peeling off and I didn't want to just paint over it again. The sanding process was interesting....but ended up being totally worth it. Once I got all the paint and stain off I thought it might look good red. So I tried it and I LOVE it! Its fun having a little bit of color in the room!
And for the front door, Jeremy's mom gave me a Cricut!! Its really fun to use, although there was one night I ended up swearing at the darn machine while Jeremy stood by laughing! So I figured out how to make the welcome sign fit the door. Then there is this really fun store in Lehi called Rod Works. It's definately worth a stop. I found the dragonfly decor, and added some cute flowers to brighten it up! I really like how it turned out.




1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen this chest finished. I really like it and am proud of you for working so hard to get it like this. You guys are amazing with the fun things you do. I'm so happy for both of you.
    I love you~~~Mom

    ReplyDelete